24th/25th of December – Representing January & Roots
Welcome to your first wild night
When the clock strikes midnight on the 24th of December, the wild nights (Rauhnächte) begin. You might have already felt it during the last few days – the desire to turn inwards and curl up with your favorite blanket? Or maybe you have been pushing these feelings aside because of Christmas preparations? If you feel the desire to reconnect with your true inner Self, you have come at exactly the right time.
Take the wild nights as a step towards a happier, healthier and more love filled version of yourself. Yes, the wild nights only last for two weeks, but don’t you want to keep the momentum going beyond that?
What we are essentially doing is planting seeds for well-being habits to blossom. And the foundation for every habit is to put yourself first. To decide that you ARE worthy! Worthy of your own love, time and effort. So let’s take the first step together:
Make space for your me-time:
When choosing a time slot during your day: stay realistic! If you already know you wont be able to dedicate an hour to yourself, it is better to start small and work your way up. Even if it is only 5 minutes of your day – Set your alarm 5 minutes earlier and get up – Do it for YOU. Most of the time, you will go beyond those 5 minutes anyways 🙂 So for the next 2 weeks (and hopefully beyond that):
Fix a time that works best for YOU
The daily practice
As the overall theme of the wild nights is connected to the more subtle energies in life, that is what we will be focusing on. Each day will have one particular theme, however ALL wild nights will have a few things in common.
During each of the wild nights you can:
- Wishes: Pick one of your 13 wishes at random (without looking at it) and burn it. DO NOT burn all 13 wishes. One wish should be left over for the 6th of January.
- Dreams: Write into your dream journal as soon as you wake up in the morning (starting on the 25th of December). Your dreams can give you a rough idea of what might be in store for you next year, however be very mindful of how you interpret your dreams. It might simply be that you are working through the happenings of your day, so take your dreams with a grain of salt. If you feel they do represent your upcoming year, try to dig deeper with the I-Ching, your Oracle cards, a pendulum, meditation or whatever else you feel called to use to connect with your inner guidance.
- Predictions: Each of the nights/days represent one of the months of next year. You can use your oracle deck, the I-Ching or any other tool you enjoy using to connect with your intuition, to find out what the overall theme of the month of January will be.
- Journaling: You can use your diary/journal to write down what your oracle cards, the I-Ching etc. has revealed about the month of January and you can also use it in the evening, to reflect on the happenings of your day. All of these aspects can give you clues for next year.
- Smudging: Smudge your home with Sage, Palo Santo, incense sticks or whatever you feel called to use. The smoke is believed to expel negative energies, so leave your windows open for a little bit after smudging, so that those energies can leave your home.
Always remember do do what feels right to you. None of these things will help you in any way, if you just do it for the sake of doing it. Instead, even if you only do ONE of these things, but you do it with your heart and soul, that when you will see results. Now, let’s take a look at the main topic for today.
There are several ways you can interpret this word but before I tell you what I have in mind, I would like you to dive into your self:
- What is the first thing that comes to your mind, when you read the word “roots”?
- Do you see anything in particular?
- What do you feel?
Take at least two minutes to do this little exercise. Remember, you are here to let yourself be guided by YOU. Trust yourself! I am only here to inspire you, not to tell you what to do.
Whatever it is you have come up with, write it down in your journal, as this could be the aspect you should be focusing on the most. If you would like some inspiration, here are two things that I will be focusing on for my first wild night
I always enjoy starting off my wild nights with deep gratitude and appreciation towards my ancestors. Christmas always had a deep family connection for me, which is why I find this night/day to be the perfect time for this.
Wherever I am, I would light a candle or incense stick and give thanks to everyone that has come before me.
If this is something you would like to give more awareness to today, you might find some inspiration in the “Ritual for your Ancestors”
If you feel moved by any of the following questions, take some time to feel into it. You can either journal about it/them or simply take a few minutes to reflect. Maybe all you want to do during these wild nights is to spend time with your journal and not do any other rituals and that’s perfectly fine! Once again: Do what feels right to YOU
- Which one of your ancestors do you feel most connected to? Why?
- What are you most grateful for, regarding your ancestors?
- Who’s support and love do you crave the most? Why?
The other aspect that comes to mind when thinking about roots and ancestors is “values”. Your values are formed by your upbringing, your social surroundings, events that occurred in your life etc.. As we grow older, we evolve and adapt some of our values, while others stay the same.
- Take the time to think about situations in your past, then make a mark in every circle for the values you feel strongly connected to. If you feel like something is missing, feel free to add the suitable attributes into the blank fields.
- Then, make a mark in every square for the values you would ideally like to have (including the ones you “circled” and are happy to keep). Do you see a difference? If there are some values which you would like to have, but have not yet developed, you should think about how to adjust your life to move into this direction.
- For the last step of this exercise, write a sentence with your top three values, describing who you are going to be from now on. Use the words “I am”, as they truly have the power to transform your current state of being.
- Who impacted you most, regarding your values?
- Pick one value you wish the rest of the world would care for as well. Describe why this is important to you.
- Have some of your values changed over the years? Which ones and why do you think you let them go?
That’s all for day/night one, beautiful being 🤍 Always follow your heart and do as much or as little as you feel called to do.