27TH/28TH OF DECEMBER – REPRESENTING April & Self-Love
WELCOME TO YOUR Fourth WILD NIGHT
Uhhh, what a daunting subject Self-Love can be! And it is rightly so. The journey to self love is often depicted in such a romantic way but, truth be told: It is hard! Im not trying to scare you off, but I do want you to understand that walking this path takes time & patience. There will be tears, there will be moments where you feel you want to give up BUT there will also be times where you feel so, sooooo proud of yourself! Times where you feel happy, blessed and loved – not through anyone else, but from deep within yourself 🤍
THE DAILY PRACTICE
(YOU CAN SKIP THIS IF YOU READ Any of the other WILD NIGHTs)
As the overall theme of the wild nights is connected to the more subtle energies in life, that is what we will be focusing on. Each day will have one particular theme, however ALL wild nights will have a few things in common.
DURING EACH OF THE WILD NIGHTS YOU CAN:
- Wishes: Pick one of your 13 wishes at random (without looking at it) and burn it. DO NOT burn all 13 wishes. One wish should be left over for the 6th of January.
- Dreams: Write into your dream journal as soon as you wake up in the morning (starting on the 25th of December). Your dreams can give you a rough idea of what might be in store for you next year, however be very mindful of how you interpret your dreams. It might simply be that you are working through the happenings of your day, so take your dreams with a grain of salt. If you feel they do represent your upcoming year, try to dig deeper with the I-Ching, your Oracle cards, a pendulum, meditation or whatever else you feel called to use to connect with your inner guidance.
- Predictions: Each of the nights/days represent one of the months of next year. You can use your oracle deck, the I-Ching or any other tool you enjoy using to connect with your intuition, to find out what the overall theme of the month of January will be.
- Journaling: You can use your diary/journal to write down what your oracle cards, the I-Ching etc. has revealed about the month of January and you can also use it in the evening, to reflect on the happenings of your day. All of these aspects can give you clues for next year.
- Smudging: Smudge your home with Sage, Palo Santo, incense sticks or whatever you feel called to use. The smoke is believed to expel negative energies, so leave your windows open for a little bit after smudging, so that those energies can leave your home.
Always remember do do what feels right to you. None of these things will help you in any way, if you just do it for the sake of doing it. Instead, even if you only do ONE of these things, but you do it with your heart and soul, that when you will see results. Now, let’s take a look at the main topic for today.
Self love is such an important topic and the most important kind of love there is. Because once you learn to love yourself, loving others will simply fall into place. You will have more energy than ever before and people will be so attracted to the energy you express, that you will be surrounded by wonderful beings. Like attracts like, remember 🙂
But first: What is self love? I believe that we are all born with a well full of love & wisdom within ourselves. The older we get, the more we are moulded by our environment. As kids we are often not allowed to express our true essence, instead we need to be “well behaved” or follow certain social/cultural “rules”. Depending on how freely your parents raised you and what kind of events you underwent in your life, you will have more or less clutter to eliminate around your inner fountain of love. If you now experience the desire to blame someone else for your lack of self love connection, please (re-)read #3 wild night.
All that being said, I believe that the topic of self-love is a very personal one. As we have all gone through such different experiences, the steps we need to take will be very different. That is why I would highly recommend to invest in a one-on-one coaching session so that you can find out where YOU need to get started. Especially Human Design will be able to shed a light on your biggest challenges and how to work on them. I am suggesting this, not because I want you to purchase a reading with me, but because I sincerely believe that this is an extremely effective and quick way to get to the roots of your unique needs.
1. Human Design
This tool is pure magic when it comes to understanding your own personal blockages, needs, challenges and potential. Through the use of your exact birthdate, birth time & location, it can show you how you perceive and influence the world around and how the world around you affects you in return. Yes, I was also very suspicious when I first encountered human design, however that quickly faded once I realised how precise the information I was receiving was.
All of the white and coloured squares, triangles and lines that you see in the image above, give a unique picture of your highest potential. When deciphered, you get to understand what it is you can do, to reach that inner balance and bliss you desire.
What human design does is essentially giving you one of the few uplifting shortcuts in life. I feel like most of the times shortcuts are misleading, but this one is a gift from above. However, I would like to add that it is ONLY going to unfold its entire power, once you implement what the chart has to offer, into your daily life. Another thing worth mentioning is that you will have an easier time implementing the advice from a human design session, if you have already started your well-being journey. The reason for that being: When you start taking care of yourself holistically (body, energy, mind and spirit), you start to grow more and more into the person you are meant to be. And that is exactly what your human design is showing you. The person you have come to express yourself as in this lifetime.
The best gift I receive after every reading, are the shimmering eyes of the person opposite me and the gratitude they express for finally being seen for who they truly are. It helps to reinforce what we already feel inside of us and helps us to dare. Dare to finally take the step into the life that we are meant to live. Dare to be free. Dare to be YOU!
2. Self-Love Me-Time
The process of understanding who you are can, of course, come through many other ways than human design. It can happen through creativity, meditation, dance, self reflection, flowing movements like Qi Gong or Yoga and so many more things. A lot of times we are lost in finding the right “tool” for us though. How often has it happened to you? You start a sport, a diet or a habit that you later on set aside because it wasn’t for you?
Once you have understood what works for you though, miracles happen. So in order to free that inner fountain of love, you first need to decide that YOU ARE WORTHY! Worthy of setting aside time for your own well-being. Taking this first step is hard enough for many people but once you have taken it, you can take the next step and start adding more “me-time” to your life.
Find ways in which you can make yourself happy. Creating a healthy & well balanced well-being routine can be part of that but self love can also be things like:
- Taking yourself on a romantic date (either at home or at your favourite restaurant)
- Buying the book you had an eye on for a while and enjoying a bubble bath after work
- Turing up the music and dancing with yourself
Learn to pamper yourself, like you would someone you love and care for because, in the end, you are the person you will be spending every waking and sleeping hour of your life with. And you deserve to be loved – wholeheartedly and without limits. You also deserve to hear these words on a daily basis.
- Stand in front of a mirror, preferably naked, if you feel comfortable doing so, and take a few moments to look at yourself. Look at yourself from head to toe, without rushing yourself.
- Once you reached your toes, move back up, all the way to your eyes and say:
- “[Your Name], I love you”
- Observe how you feel.
You might not be able to speak those words out loud right away. It could take days or weeks before you can say it to yourself but it will come. You might even not believe yourself at the beginning but if you practice this regularly, you will start to feel the love in your heart.
If you would like more ideas for self love, check out this post on my Instagram (click on the image):
- What are things I love about myself?
- How can I love myself more on a daily basis?
- When am I neglecting myself and why?
This wonderfully short Self-love meditation will help you to fill up your cup on your way to work, before you leave your home or even during a 5 minute work break. Give it a try – it is only 5 minutes of your life and who better to spend it on than on yourself?
I know that this topic is a challenging one for a lot of you out there and can not be fixed in a simple post, but believe me that anyone can learn to love themselves. I wish each and everyone in the world to experience this beautiful gift that resides within YOU! Because if everyone in the world would recognise this gift and learn to thrive through it, our planet would look very different. Be patient with yourself, beautiful soul – you will get there if you haven’t already 🤍