2ND/3RD OF JANUARY – REPRESENTING October & Growth
WELCOME TO YOUR Tenth WILD NIGHT
If you completed the exercises from wild night #8 and wild night #9, you are ready to create meticulous step-by-step action plans for each of your goals. Setting an objective is already a big step towards creating the future that you desire. Developing an action plan for each of your goals, will however drastically improve the chances of you achieving them. It helps you to break down your big goals into small bite-sized steps that actually feel achievable.
THE DAILY PRACTICE
(YOU CAN SKIP THIS PART, IF YOU READ ANY OF THE OTHER WILD NIGHTS)
As the overall theme of the wild nights is connected to the more subtle energies in life, that is what we will be focusing on. Each day will have one particular theme, however ALL wild nights will have a few things in common.
DURING EACH OF THE WILD NIGHTS YOU CAN:
- Wishes: Pick one of your 13 wishes at random (without looking at it) and burn it. DO NOT burn all 13 wishes. One wish should be left over for the 6th of January.
- Dreams: Write into your dream journal as soon as you wake up in the morning (starting on the 25th of December). Your dreams can give you a rough idea of what might be in store for you next year, however be very mindful of how you interpret your dreams. It might simply be that you are working through the happenings of your day, so take your dreams with a grain of salt. If you feel they do represent your upcoming year, try to dig deeper with the I-Ching, your Oracle cards, a pendulum, meditation or whatever else you feel called to use to connect with your inner guidance.
- Predictions: Each of the nights/days represent one of the months of next year. You can use your oracle deck, the I-Ching or any other tool you enjoy using to connect with your intuition, to find out what the overall theme of the month of January will be.
- Journaling: You can use your diary/journal to write down what your oracle cards, the I-Ching etc. has revealed about the month of January and you can also use it in the evening, to reflect on the happenings of your day. All of these aspects can give you clues for next year.
- Smudging: Smudge your home with Sage, Palo Santo, incense sticks or whatever you feel called to use. The smoke is believed to expel negative energies, so leave your windows open for a little bit after smudging, so that those energies can leave your home.
Always remember do do what feels right to you. None of these things will help you in any way, if you just do it for the sake of doing it. Instead, even if you only do ONE of these things, but you do it with your heart and soul, that when you will see results. Now, let’s take a look at the main topic for today.
After filling out the Opportyounity Life Wheel and setting your goals, you should now have a better understanding of where you currently stand and which aspects of your life need your attention. If you’ve chosen to set one goal for every layer (overall 4 goals) or 1 goal for every pillar of each layer (overall 12 goals), you will either be creating 4 or 12 action plans. You can do this all at once or start with one goal and create the next action plan once you have completed your first goal.
To decide which goal you should start with, try using your intuition instead of your mind. Start with the goal that inspires you most! Another way to do it, is to work your way through the layers, starting with the most palpable one (your physical layer) working your way up to your most subtle layer, your wisdom layer.
If you want to reach a concrete destination, in a certain amount of time, it is best to have a map to get you there. When you want to reach a concrete goal, without getting lost along the way, you should write down every little step you need to take to reach it. As an example: If you are planning on renovating your home, write down all the things you need, all the way down to the paint brushes. Be as detailed as possible in planning your success. You will feel less overwhelmed by breaking down the big task into several small ones, you will be more prepared and you will feel your motivation rising when you see the increasing amount of crossed-off items on your list.
For the successful completion of your goals, download and fill out this Action Plan (click this link) for each of your goals!
- Write down todays date
- Write down your chosen goal. The more you repeat your goal on paper and in your head, the more real it will become. Write it as if it has already happened (e.g. I am…) and be as concrete as possible.
- What do you need in order to start working on my goal? Shoes for jogging? A journal for writing? Make sure to aim for things you can purchase or accomplish right now or as soon as possible and don’t use these “things you need” as excuses of why you can’t start. Write it down and go get it or (temporarily) replace it with an alternative that you can get a.s.a.p.
- Do you need anyones help? Don’t be shy to ask. They might say yes and you could be saving yourself a lot of time and/or trouble. One way to involve others into your goals is to ask someone to keep track of your progress. When you are being observed by others, it can help you get motivated on days you feel low on energy, without them even actively doing anything. If you need anything else that can help you accomplish your goal, which is not part of your “step-by-step”, add it to this list.
- What are the actions you need to take to achieve your goals? Writing them down in the order they need to be accomplished will help you give the right structure to your actions. For this step, you could use a separate piece of paper or an excel sheet to first find the right order.
- Write down by when you want to achieve this goal. Be realistic, think smart, think healthy and don’t rush it! As an example: If your aim is weight-loss, loosing 10kg in a week is not healthy!
- How will you know when you have achieved your goal? Visualise this part and be very precise. For the weight-loss example: Write down what you want to see in the mirror, how you would like to feel and how much weight you would like to loose. Maybe you have an outfit you would like to fit into?
- Make a big mark when you have accomplished your goal! Congratulations for pulling through!
Repeat this for every “goal” you have set yourself.
I believe in you, beautiful soul! You can do anything you desire 🤍